The Only One Indifferent... WGASA?

Welcome to Cubicle Hell.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My mom sent me 200 bucks out of the blue. It came in my daughter's birthday card, along with 10 dollars cash for my daughter. Last year, I gave her grief because she didn't send a card when my youngest turned 1. Just a measly email. But my oldest always got cards, toys, clothes, etc. I think she favors my oldest because she is my clone from when I was her age.

Anyway, when I called her to tell her thanks, she told me that she did it for "her". To feel better because she hasn't been able to provide for her granddaughters.

This money coming from the woman who made me buy my own milk and toiletries as a kid. The same one who charges my 14 year old brother rent!

I know this is insurance. Six months from now she will call and need money. (when i was 18 she asked me to co-sign on her apartment) When I tell her no, she will pull this out... My husband says that I should just accept it as a gift but it BUGS me so much...

Sometimes Iwish she would just.. go away. Sometimes I want to help her. But mostly, I pity her. Im so glad I live on the other side of the country. But sometimes, 3000 miles isn't far enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home